NEW: Men’s Chemical Open Group every week!
Do you feel that most people you know have it all together and you are the only one who doesn’t?
Is that especially true of those you know at church?
Have you ever felt:
- Helpless and hopeless in your circumstances?
- Overwhelmed and out of control—that your life was unmanageable?
- Frustrated that you have failed again —–for the “umpteenth” time?
- So discouraged that it is hard to put one foot in front of the other one?
- “I hate myself”?
- Alone and crazy?
- Embarrassed and ashamed that you can’t stop_______________? (you fill in the blank)
- Faulty and that you are a failure?
- Scared and paralyzed to do anything about “it”?
- No one could possibly understand your situation?
- You can’t tell anyone about _______? If they knew that they would not like me.
- No one cares about the incredible pain I am in?
You are not alone! That list came from the leaders of Recovery For Life! Every one of us has one or more of those feelings at some point.
There is hope at Recovery For Life, where you will find:
- Others struggling with similar issues.
- You are understood and accepted unconditionally.
- Help from God to focus on Him and how He wants you to change.
- Insight to truth.
- Freedom from bondage.
- The source of your fear.
- Healthier thinking.
- A new “toolbox” with tools to help you to respond instead of reacting.
- It is not all about you!
This happens at Recovery For Life because it is a safe place. It is safe because:
You are in control of how much you participate. You are welcome to come and go and not say anything.
- No one “fixes” or judges.
- No one “shoulds” on you.
- You find answers from God—-and depend on Him.
- Your life becomes recentered on Christ.
- You are encouraged by the openness and vulnerability of fellow strugglers.
- You are allowed to “take off your mask” and be real and honest.
- You are in a “Room of Grace” surrounded by fellowship and love.
- We follow these guidelines in all of our group meetings:
- Your sharing is focused on your own thoughts and feelings and is limited to 3 – 5 minutes.
- There is no cross talk. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in dialogue to the exclusion of others. Each person is free to express feelings without interruption.
- We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to “fix” another.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are essential requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ- centered group.
Is it time to crack your denial and admit you are not in control of your life?
Do you have a hurt, habit or hang-up that is holding you back? Dallas/DFW based Recovery For Life is a safe place to begin a Christ centered recovery process. Our goal is to move toward overcoming addictive behaviors through community, scripture focus and worship. Addiction is as frightening thing that can require inpatient rehab. Many people have found help at Recovery For Life.
As men and women share their struggles, strengths, hurts, experience and hope with each other, the Holy Spirit will lead you to begin living a life for Jesus Christ free of bondage.
Recovery For Life meets every Thursday night at 7:00pm in Quads A & B, Christian Life Center (click here for a map of the NBC campus). Plan to join us this Thursday and allow your healing to begin. Come at 6:00 PM for dinner ($5.00 if you’ve got it!).
Your next step is to find out what happens on Thursday nights – click here.